Monday, March 28, 2016

Portfolio Assessment time!

Its the time of year where students have built up enough of a body of work to reflect upon it, while still there being enough time to take that reflection and set goals for the rest of the year.  Which is precisely what is going on in art in the next couple weeks (in between monoprinting, clay mask, and claymation work).

Here are some stellar quotes from some evaluations:

ON WHY THEIR STRONGEST PIECE WAS STRONG:
It has a good balance and lots of colors.

I thought that this piece of artwork looked majestic like in the endings of movies and stuff I also thought that I put a lot of details

Because I thought that it was cool the way I put it together and I liked the outline and collage and the blend of colors.

We really took time making the characters and it was a lot of fun to make all the frames and see it go together.

This is my strongest because it really uses color and structure to make my piece come alive and it really makes it look like its pops.

I like how the colors and shapes blended together to create a painting with different “moods” and highlighted the picture as the focal point.

ON WHAT TO IMPROVE UPON FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR:

I can work on my artwork by taking time, using cool materials, and not rushing.

I want to learn new ways or creative ideas for my work

Being fully engaged in my own work.

Straight Lines. Weird goal but I can NEVER draw a good enough straight line. I also want to take more time and adjust my work until I am satisfied.

One thing I want to do to make all my future work better would be adding more detail to make it look realistic.

I  want to try and make work that’s more specific to me, and include more of my own design in pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment